Lasers in Dentistry
Lake Worth Dentist, Dr. Colleen Lam, is providing injection-free and drill-free dentistry by using dental lasers. With dental lasers, Dr. Lam is able to deliver conservative, precise treatment that is comfortable to the patient.
Many procedures performed require little to no local anesthesia, and the recovery is much easier for the patient. There is less potential for infection as the precise beam of the laser will disinfect the tooth before it is restored.
Many have also reported less post-operative sensitivity as well and less jaw pain since no injections are needed for most restorative dental treatments.
Most patients say they feel little to no pain at all. Some have experienced a temperature sensitivity when the water spray hits the tooth. Despite the slight sensitivity, most patients are able to tolerate the laser and prefer it over the conventional drill. For pediatrics, using lasers has made the dental experience much more tolerable and a positive experience as most do not need injections. Call us today for more information!
About the Fotona Dental Laser
Lasers have revolutionized both the medical and dental fields due to the magnitude of procedures that can be completed depending on their power, wavelength, pulse duration, and how the laser is delivered. Dental lasers are safe and effective and they have been used in the dental world for over twenty years, but our laser is the first dual wavelength laser available to dental and medical providers.
The Fotona Lightwalker ATS laser is unique such that it is two lasers in one, an erbium laser and a neodymium laser. The dual laser property allows Dr. Lam to provide a wide range of services painlessly and effectively with minimal to no downtime. Procedures include:
- Anesthesia-free fillings (no more shots! No more drills)
- Conservative periodontal surgery
- Laser root canal treatment
- Tissue Regeneration
- Herpetic Lesions and Ulcer treatment
- Laser Enhanced Deep Bleaching for intense teeth whitening
- Biostimulation for pain treatment (ex TMJ pain, myofascial pain)
- Nightlase™ non-invasive, non-ablative treatment for snoring and sleep apnea reduction
- Smoothlase™ non- invasive, non-ablative fractionalized laser for facial rejuvenation
- Liplase™ non-surgical laser lip enhancement, plumping, and rejuvenation.
- Many other advanced aesthetic fractional laser treatments for skin resurfacing, spider vein removal, and wrinkle reduction.
Lasers can be used for a wide variety of dental and cosmetic treatments
Fotona’s NightLase® therapy is a non-invasive laser treatment for snoring and reduction of sleep apnea. NightLase can reduce the effects of and decrease the amplitude of snoring by means of a gentle laser treatment of the mucosa tissue.
Smoothlase™ is non- invasive, non-ablative fractionalized laser treatment for facial rejuvenation that targets mucosal tissue in your mouth to increase elasticity and smooth the lines on your cheeks, lips, and the skin around your lips.
Liplase™ non-surgical laser lip enhancement, plumping, and rejuvenation. Fractional lasers used to naturally enhance your lips by heating the deep layers of the skin to stimulate collagen production.
Get Started Today